Cherrick Center's publications include many books on various related topics as well as the series History of the Hebrew University and Selected Issues in the History of the Yishuv and the State of Israel [for a full list of publications, in Hebrew, see פרסומים]. Books are published in cooperation with academic publishing houses such as Magnes Press, Ben Gurion University Press, and Yad Ben Zvi.
History of the Hebrew University
This series of books is published in the framework of the History of the Hebrew University project, consisting of collections of papers by scholars in various disciplines. Two such volumes appeared so far, and a third is forthcoming:
- Katz, Shaul and Michael Heydm eds. History of the Hebrew University I: Roots and Beginnings (in Hebrew). Jerusalem: Magnes Press, 1997.
- Lavsky, Hagit, ed. History of the Hebrew University II (A): Founding and Growth (in Hebrew). Jerusalem: Magnes Press, 2005.
Selected Issues in the History of the Yishuv and the State of Israel
Based on the Cherrick Forum discussions, this series is published for the Center by Magnes Press. Each volume explores issues such as the following: Jews and Palestinians - similarities and dissimilarities; some means of creating a new national identity - music, the Bible, the link to nature, and the role of the intellectuals; the circumstances surrounding the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948 and its connection to the Holocaust; changes in the Kibbutzim; Israeli military history; the Israeli democracy; the relations between various sectors in Israeli society and the State as a political, legislative, social, cultural, and economic institution.
Series Chief Editors: Prof. Hagit Lavsky, Dr. Uzi Rebhun
Books in the series:
- Jacoby, Danny, ed. One Country, Two peoples (in Hebrew). Jerusalem: Magnes Press, 1999.
- Jacoby, Danny, ed. The Building of a Nation (in Hebrew). Jerusalem: Magnes Press, 2000.
- Jacoby, Danny, ed. From National Movement to State (in Hebrew). Jerusalem: Magnes Press, 2002.
- Naor, Moshe, ed. State and Community (in Hebrew). Jerusalem: Magnes Press, 2004.
Other books published by Cherrick Center deal with a wide variety of topics, including the history of the Zionist movement, economy and society in different periods of the Yishuv and the State of Israel, the status of Jerusalem, Israeli culture, and historiographical issues. Most our books are published in Hebrew, with the exception of the following:
Wistrich, Robert & Gideon Shimoni, eds. Theodor Herzl, Visionary of the Jewish State (in Hebrew). Jerusalem: Magnes Press, 1999.